FENLANDER: Youth District Council approves more grants for community groups
PUBLISHED: 12:24 08 November 2012
FENLAND Youth District Council (YDC) has approved another series of grants to local groups from its £10,000 funding programme this year.
Groups benefiting include:
• March Amateur Boxing Club to help purchase new equipment and to help fund a gala night to showcase local talent.
• Wisbech-based Families Having Fun group to help buy various items of equipment and for day trips for the group.
• March, Chatteris and Rural Youth Board to help fund the anti-bullying awareness sessions to be held in Neale-Wade Community College, Cromwell Community College and Manea Youth Club.
• Young People March for an educational trip to Whipsnade Zoo.
• Wisbech Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Group to run a pilot project to offer support to teenagers aged 15-19 who have issues surrounding their sexuality.
The latest grants total £4,250. The YDC still has a limited amount of money left to distribute this year, so any groups needing funds should get their applications in as soon as possible.
For details on how to apply, go to www.fenland.gov.uk/article/3184/Youth-District-Council-Grants or contact Ross McGivern on 01354 654321 (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)