BREAKING NEWS: Body discovered in River Nene near Wisbech Yacht Harbour

16:39 16 November 2012

Wisbech Harbour

Wisbech Harbour

Archant

A MAN’S body was discovered in the River Nene near Wisbech Yacht Harbour today.

Police were called shortly before lunchtime today after the discovery, which happened close to the town’s police station in Nene Parade.

A police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a body in the river at Nene Parade, in Wisbech, shortly before 11.30am today (Friday).

“The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be passed to the coroner.”

Formal identification will be carried out this weekend or on Monday morning.

The discovery comes as police continue to search for missing 66-year-old Malcolm Brown, who went missing from his Wisbech home almost three weeks ago.

Malcolm, commonly known as Mac, left his home in Falklands Drive at about 6.30pm on Tuesday October 23, despite Annette pleading with him to stay in because it was dark.

Malcolm’s wife Annette issued a direct and emotional plea for his return earlier last month, saying: “I just want you to know that I love you to bits.” However, he has still not been found.

Police have been looking for Mac ever since his disappearance and have regularly visited Annette to comfort her and show her maps of where they have searched.

Mac is described as white, 5ft 6in, slim, with light brown receding hair. He was wearing a grey jacket, black jumper and blue trousers.

• Anyone with information about Malcolm’s whereabouts should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 101.

Neale Wade Academy March. Principal Jason Wing.

Supported by a parents’ survey that shows 82 per cent agree their children are taught well, principal Jason Wing still feels slightly wounded by a less than flattering Ofsted inspection.

New homes under way in Gaul Road, March, for Sanctuary Housing

Red tape delays completion of £5.8million scheme in March to provide 52 affordable homes.

Harrison Murray manager Nicola Roberts and Under 8s Blues team manager Matt Christian and some of the players and the sponsored kit.

Youngsters in March will carry on playing football this weekend – despite a devastating suspected arson attack on their soccer school.

Littleport Leisure Centre,

MP Steve Barclay says a series of “outstanding issues” surrounding the proposed new secondary school in Littleport must be resolved within the next seven weeks or the village risks losing millions of pounds.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition today E-edition