Co-operative store in Wisbech evacuated as smoke spotted coming from freezer.

16:09 14 November 2012

Co-op evacuated

Co-op evacuated

Archant

THE Co-operative store in Churchill Road at Wisbech was evacuated this afternoon after smoke was seen coming from a shop floor freezer.

Two fire crews from Wisbech and one from March attended the incident at 2.50pm.

A spokesman from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said no fire fighting equipment had been used, and fire fighters had dismantled the freezer to investigate the source of the problem.

0 comments

More news stories

11:26
Incident at Block Fen Mepal where a lorry driver was injured after his Hankins Ltd vehicle hit overhead cables.

The driver of a tipper lorry that hit overhead power cables at a Fenland quarry was remains in a serious condition in hospital.

12:35
Richard Maycroft

Police have issued a comment following the sentencing of March man Richard Maycroft who was jailed yesterday (Thursday) for 13 years for nine counts of sexual assault and rape.

3 minutes ago
Scott Payne congratulates Richard Hirson on winning Manea by-election

Former village GP Dr Richard Hirson last night sailed to an overwhelming victory in the Manea Parish Council by-election.

11:30
The family home in  Thorney that was destroyed by fire has been targeted by thieves, who stole the homeowners' caravan.

Thieves added to the heartbreak suffered by a couple from Thorney whose house and business was ravaged by fire by stealing their caravan.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition