Crew tackles Chatteris kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 15:12 14 March 2014 | UPDATED: 15:12 14 March 2014

Archant

A crew tackled a kitchen fire in Chatteris yesterday.

Firefighters were called to an address on Tithe Road at about 2.40pm.

They extinguished it using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a ventilation fan, before returning to their station by 3.45pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

More news stories

Yesterday, 16:52

One of Cambridgeshire’s most influential business leaders –chamber of commerce chief executive John Bridge – claims that re-opening of the Wisbech to March rail link is a lame duck.

14:00

Wisbech’s annual Horsefair Shopping Centre summer fun day will take place on Thursday July 27 from 10am to 2pm.

12:02

The principal and staff at a March school have been selected for top roles supporting schools in challenging circumstances and training new teachers.

Yesterday, 16:54

The Light Cinema, Wisbech, closed temporarily after what bosses say was a “small fire safety related issue”. It re-opens at 6pm tonight (Saturday)

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter