Crew tackles Chatteris chimney fire

16:16 25 April 2014

Archant

Firefighters battled for nearly two and a half hours to put out a chimney fire yesterday.

At 7.30pm, one crew from Chatteris and a turntable ladder from Dogsthorpe were called to a house on Forty Foot Bank in Chatteris.

They accessed the chimney using the turntable ladder and extinguished the fire, which was caused accidentally, before returning to their stations by 9.55pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Cambs Times visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Cambs Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Cambs Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More news stories

57 minutes ago
Co-op in Sutton Bridge to remain closed this morning after an incident last night

A gaping hole has been left in the front of the Co-operative Foodstore on Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, after thieves used a teleporter vehicle to attack and remove a cash machine last night.

Cambridgeshire County Council devolution debate:

A devolution deal involving just Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is imminent and could be agreed in principle as early as Friday.

09:50
March House Fire.

A bungalow on The Shires, March had to be evacuated at the weekend after a fire spread from a garage to the roof of the home.

Yesterday, 23:05
Station road, Manea. Development. Picture: Steve Williams

Developers struggling to find a housing association willing to take four affordable homes in Manea off their hands – being built as part of the original contract- believe they have found a solution.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up