Crew tackles Chatteris kitchen fire

15:12 14 March 2014


A crew tackled a kitchen fire in Chatteris yesterday.

Firefighters were called to an address on Tithe Road at about 2.40pm.

They extinguished it using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a ventilation fan, before returning to their station by 3.45pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


More news stories

Yesterday, 00:21
One of the images being used by Cambridgeshire County Council as part of their 'cuts consultation'

Less than a month after the county council’s annual report warned to prepare for the “unthinkable” in terms of cuts, a consultation has begun to determine where £114million can be saved in the next five years.

Yesterday, 13:03
Vehicles set alight in Wisbech arson attack

Arsonists torched two cars and a van in Wisbech which were in a locked compound at the front of a breakers yard.

Yesterday, 10:31
Holly the bunny

A female grey and white rabbit now named Holly was found dumped by the side of a street last week with teeth so overgrown she could not eat.

Mon, 20:13
Mesh used in operations can twist, shrink or degrade. Also paticles can break off during insertion causing chronic pain

Three out of four mesh products used in women’s gynaecology operations will no longer be used in Scotland after new measures were outlined to protect patients.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition