Crew tackles Gorefield chimney fire

10:24 17 February 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Gorefield on Thursday.

A crew from Wisbech was called to the fire at a detached bungalow in High Road at 3.50pm.

They extinguished the fire, which was caused accidently, and returned to their stations by 5.15pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Fri, 16:16
 Zeppelin Air Raid on March Aug 1st 1916 - Exhibition at March Museum, Picture: Steve Williams.

If you were in March 100 years ago this month you would have been surprised and possibly woken by an attack from above during the night.

Fri, 11:16
Jobs Centre Plus

Youth unemployment in the Fens dropped 36 per cent in the past year according to new figures from Job Centre Plus.

Yesterday, 06:55
In Bloom judges visit Wisbech

King John’s lost treasure, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein story and the Queen’s 90th birthday were the themes of eye-catching displays at St Peter’s Church Gardens.

Fri, 17:55
Aidan Payne (Customer Service Assistant), Mayor of March, Councillor Andrew Donnelly, Harry Wilson (Team Leader), Brenda Smith (Team Leader), Wayne Shepperson (Store Colleague), Joel Mattless (Store Manager) and Sheena Robinson (Senior Colleague Development Assistant)

Today (Friday) saw the opening of the refurbished Co-operative store in Badgeney Road, March with support from mayor Councillor Andrew Donnelly.

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up