Firefighters tackled two blazes in the space of a couple of hours in Whittlesey on Wednesday.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

One crew from Whittlesey, one crew from Stanground and one crew from Thorney were called to a chimney fire in The George Hotel, Market Place, at 11.55am.

Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire, which was caused accidentally, before returning to their stations by 1pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year.

“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

One crew from Whittlesey and one crew from Stanground were called to a shed fire in Benwick Road, Whittlesey, at 1.40pm.

They found a diesel generator on fire, which had been removed by a farmer from within a shed.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire and returned to their stations by 2.40pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Homes24
Jobs24
Drive24
MyDate24
MyPhotos24
FamilyNotices24
Weddingsite

Click here to read more of our digital publications
Book my advert Fenland Enterprise Buisness Awards Paper delivery enquiries E Shot Updates

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT