Firefighters tackle Chatteris chimney fire

PUBLISHED: 13:33 06 January 2014 | UPDATED: 13:33 06 January 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze in Chatteris yesterday.

A crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire, which was caused accidentally, in Station Street at 5.50pm.

They extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 6.50pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

More news stories

Yesterday, 17:53

The county council says it will make the Traffic Commissioners aware of a major investigation being undertaken into the Fenland Association of Community Transport (FACT) when they decide on whether to allow them operator licences to run commercial services through new limited companies.

Yesterday, 18:26

‘Houston we have a problem’ admitted county councillor Bill Hunt, vice chairman of the county council highways and community infrastructure, when he offered a public apology today for the number of potholes across Cambridgeshire.

Yesterday, 12:46

These fantastic images show a B-52 Stratofortress being refuelled over the North Sea by a KC-135 tanker from RAF Mildenhall.

Yesterday, 10:56

Police who were called to question a suspected burglar discovered £140,000 worth of cannabis in the same house.

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter