Firefighters tackle Chatteris chimney fire

13:33 06 January 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze in Chatteris yesterday.

A crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire, which was caused accidentally, in Station Street at 5.50pm.

They extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 6.50pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 11:44
Busy Fingers pupils enjoying a great PE session

Children at Busy Fingers Pre-school in Little Downham enjoyed a complimentary PE session run by local company All4ports.

Yesterday, 17:07
A disabled Wisbech woman has described the aftermath of a five-car crash outside her home as “apocalyptic” and “frightening”. PHOTO: Supplied.

A Wisbech woman has described the aftermath of a five-car crash outside her home as “apocalyptic” and “frightening”.

Yesterday, 17:33
An animal rescue charity is appealing for information after a dog was abandoned and left tied to a fence in Cambridgeshire. PHOTO: RSPCA.

An animal rescue charity is appealing for information after a dog was abandoned and left tied to a fence in Cambridgeshire.

Yesterday, 18:38
A free screening of the award winning I, Daniel Blake in Wisbech has sparked interest in benefit support group.

A free screening of the award winning film ‘I, Daniel Blake’ in Wisbech has prompted a call for a new group to help those claiming benefits to be set up in the town.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter