Firefighters tackle Chatteris chimney fire

13:33 06 January 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze in Chatteris yesterday.

A crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire, which was caused accidentally, in Station Street at 5.50pm.

They extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 6.50pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

Yesterday, 11:53
Neale Wade Academy March. Principal Jason Wing.

Supported by a parents’ survey that shows 82 per cent agree their children are taught well, principal Jason Wing still feels slightly wounded by a less than flattering Ofsted inspection.

Yesterday, 16:44
New homes under way in Gaul Road, March, for Sanctuary Housing

Red tape delays completion of £5.8million scheme in March to provide 52 affordable homes.

Yesterday, 17:04
Harrison Murray manager Nicola Roberts and Under 8s Blues team manager Matt Christian and some of the players and the sponsored kit.

Youngsters in March will carry on playing football this weekend – despite a devastating suspected arson attack on their soccer school.

Yesterday, 08:48
Littleport Leisure Centre,

MP Steve Barclay says a series of “outstanding issues” surrounding the proposed new secondary school in Littleport must be resolved within the next seven weeks or the village risks losing millions of pounds.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition today E-edition