GALLERY: Soham students dress to impress at Prom Fair and Fashion Show

11:59 31 January 2014

Students took to the catwalk for Soham Village College

Students took to the catwalk for Soham Village College's prom fair and fashion show. Picture: MIKE ROUSE

Archant

Pupils wore dinner suits and ballgowns as part of a Prom Fair and Fashion Show on Tuesday.

Twenty 15 and 16-year-olds took to the catwalk in Soham Village College’s performing arts centre to model suits and ballgowns in a bid to help fellow Year 11s choose what to wear for their June prom.

At the event, organised by the school’s Home and College Association, stalls were set up featuring everything from floral decorations to shoes and handbags.

Hairdressers, make-up artists and nail technicians pampered students ahead of the catwalk show and gave advice to future prom attendees.

The evening ended with a fashion show featuring pupils in outfits from Ely wedding and prom dress company Dress to Address and Bury St Edmunds based Gerald Boughton Menswear and Formal Hire.

One of the organisers, Ruth McNaughton, said: “It was a really lovely evening. The young models did superbly and really involved the audience. Everyone seemed to have a great time and went away with lots of ideas.

“The sale of tickets meant the Home and College raised some money to help support school projects and the Prom Committee organised a raffle and sold refreshments, the proceeds of which will go towards their vintage rock and roll themed prom later this year.”

0 comments

12:49
House fire in Pondersbridge

Homeowners safely escaped their house when they were woken by their smoke alarm after a log burner caused a fire in the middle of the night.

11:56
inscription on back of photo

A relative has sent out an appeal to find a photograph and more information about her great uncle who died during the First World War.

10:25
Seven year old boy dies

A man is in a serious but stable condition after he was involved in a motorbike collision near Warboys.

10:02
Benwick house fire

A householder will be counting their blessings after a neighbour heard a smoke alarm and realised a fire had broken out in a log burner.

Most read stories

E-edition