September 23 2014 Latest news:
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
A MAN suffered burns to his stomach, arms and legs when a fireplace exploded at his Wisbech home today.
Magpas Helimedix flew to the property shortly before 4pm and doctors treated the man, thought to be in his 40s, with painkillers.
Dressings were applied to his burns and he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King’s Lynn, by land ambulance. On arrival, he was in a stable condition.
Firefighters and paramedics were also called to the scene.
A Magpas spokesman said: “All the emergency services worked well together.”