March mum, 34, died from overdose of pain killer as coroner orders inquest to be adjourned for further inquiries
PUBLISHED: 15:14 11 July 2014 | UPDATED: 15:14 11 July 2014
An inquest has opened into the death of a 34 year-old woman from March who died from a drug overdose.
Kelly Barford, 34, a former Neale Wade and Isle College student of Morton Avenue, died at Elliott Road, March, on May 5.
The inquest into her death was opened and adjourned today with the cause of death provisionally given as Tramadol overdose. The drug is a narcotic-like pain reliever and is used to treat moderate to severe pain.
The coroner William Morris said further inquiries would be undertaken into the death. He adjourned the inquest to December 10.
At the time of her death shocked relatives said her death seemed “so unreal”. One said she was “so young and her life going so well, leaving behind a beautiful son”
A Facebook message said: “To have a family is a beautiful thing but unfortunately every so often one has to leave the nest! Just fly high Kelly – you’re with your nan now and she ain’t happy you’re there so early but pleased”.