March gets life saving defibrillator thanks to Rotarians

12:35 20 January 2014

The AED which will be located at March Conservative Club was presented to Stephen Bradshaw the Conservative Club Committee Chairman by Johnny Dee BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s presenter and roving reporter who was the Rotary Club’s guest speaker/entertainer for the evening.  Left:  Rtn John Lattimore, Johnny Dee, Stephen Bradshaw and Andy Ayres

The AED which will be located at March Conservative Club was presented to Stephen Bradshaw the Conservative Club Committee Chairman by Johnny Dee BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s presenter and roving reporter who was the Rotary Club’s guest speaker/entertainer for the evening. Left: Rtn John Lattimore, Johnny Dee, Stephen Bradshaw and Andy Ayres

Archant

A life-saving piece of equipment has been donated to a social club for the community to use.

The AED which will be located at March Conservative Club. The Defibrillator equipmentThe AED which will be located at March Conservative Club. The Defibrillator equipment

March Rotary Club presented a defibrillator to March Conservative Club at its meeting last Monday.

The crucial piece of equipment can make the difference between life and death in the case of a sudden cardiac arrest

Even inexperienced first aiders can use it since it tells you if the compressions are too slow or too quick, too shallow or too deep.

The presentation, on behalf of the Rotarians, was made by BBC Radio Cambridgeshire roving reporter Johnny Dee, who was guest speaker and entertainer.

As the night drew to a close, Rotarian Mike Enderby thanked Johnny for a memorable evening.

0 comments

10:55
Soccer shed fire at Westwood School March. Picture: Steve Williams.

The community is rallying behind March Soccer School which lost all of its kit and equipment in a fire at Westwood Junior last night.

Yesterday, 20:56
Westwood School shed fire

A fire tonight in the games shed of Westwood Community Junior School tonight has destroyed a quantity of sports equipment.

11:30
The damage to the kitchen after firefighters extinguished the blaze.

A smoke alarm coupled with closed doors saved a homeowners life when the kitchen in their bungalow caught fire.

10:41
A swan is shot

Two swans were shot in the head in what is thought to have been a “shooting for sport” air rifle attack at Wimblington.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition today E-edition