Two people treated for smoke inhalation after Leverington fire

PUBLISHED: 16:57 27 May 2014 | UPDATED: 16:57 27 May 2014

Archant

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Leverington on Sunday.

At 10.50pm, two crews from Wisbech were called to a house fire in Leafere Way after a neighbour saw smoke coming from a kitchen window and dialled 999.

A fire had broken out involving the cooker in the kitchen, which was caused accidentally by one of the inhabitants.

The home’s two occupants, a man and a woman in their 30s, were helped from the property by firefighters and given oxygen.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire and crews returned to their stations by 12.05am.

More news stories

Voters in March get an extra chance to go the ballot box this year following approval for a referendum on a planning document that could revolutionise decision making locally.

Two enterprise zones could be set up in Fenland – one at Wisbech and another at Chatteris- to encourage business growth.

One of Britain’s biggest trade unions - the GMB – has condemned the 30 per cent pay rise for councillors that Cambridgeshire County Council voted through this week.

12:52

A man had to be rescued from a river in March this morning.

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter