Woman and dog escape ‘accidental’ house fire in Chatteris

PUBLISHED: 10:58 26 April 2018 | UPDATED: 10:58 26 April 2018

A woman and dog were rescued from an ‘accidental’ house fire in Chatteris.

A woman and dog were rescued from an ‘accidental’ house fire in Chatteris.

Archant

A woman and her dog were rescued from their Chatteris home yesterday morning (April 25) after a fire started in the kitchen.

The Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service was called at around 11.30am to the house on Angood’s Lane.

One crew from Chatteris, one from March and a north roaming fire engine was dispatched.

A spokesman said: “The crews arrived to find a fire in the kitchen area of the house.

“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire.

“Firefighters rescued one female casualty and a dog from the house.

“The crews returned to their stations by 12.45pm.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

More news stories

Yesterday, 20:09

MP Steve Barclay warned today that a key part of his new job as Brexit Secretary will to prepare the country for all scenarios including “deal or no deal”.

Yesterday, 09:38

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will visit Ely and Wisbech on November 27.

Yesterday, 15:06

The A14 between junctions 27 (Fenstanton) and 29 (Bar Hill) in Cambridgeshire has opened 20 hours earlier than scheduled following demolition of a bridge.

Yesterday, 15:29

A new 80-bed care home could be built on land in Burwell as East Cambridgeshire has been identified an area “in greatest need” due to a “significant shortfall” of beds across the county.

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Cambs Times weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy