Young music lovers to get to watch world class musicians in concert at Kings Lynn Corn Exchange for free

PUBLISHED: 17:07 17 January 2014 | UPDATED: 17:07 17 January 2014

Ian Fountain. Norfolk Symphony Orchestra

Ian Fountain. Norfolk Symphony Orchestra

Archant

One hundred young music lovers will get to watch the Norfolk Symphony Orchestra in concert for free next month.

Kings Lynn Corn Exchange is offering tickets to under-18s for the concert on Sunday, February 2, which will feature celebrated international concert pianist Ian Fountain and world famous cellist David Geringas.

They will be performing the Grieg Piano Concerto, a work with some of the most famous opening piano notes in the world.

Ian was the youngest winner of the Arthur Rubinstein International Piano Masters Competition in Tel Aviv at the age of 19.

Since then, he has performed extensively throughout Europe, the US and the Middle East with the London Symphony Orchestra, the Israel Philharmonic and the Philharmonia Orchestra.

In 2001 he was appointed a piano professor at the Royal Academy of Music.

The programme also includes Sibelius’ 2nd Symphony, considered to be one of the composer’s masterpieces, and the Nielsen Helios Overture.

For every single adult ticket purchased a maximum of three free “young concert goer” tickets can be claimed - they are available on a first come first served basis.

Norfolk Symphony Orchestra chairman Rob Pack said: “We believe that classical music is as exciting and inspiring today as it was the day it was written.

“The sight and sound of seventy musicians performing live on one stage, working together to create wonderful music, is a truly awesome experience – we’re sure that children and young people will love it.

“The programme is particularly appropriate for “first-timers” and will be enormous fun.”

The concert starts at 3.30pm and tickets are £15 and £7.50.

To book your ticket call the Corn Exchange Box Office on 01553 764864.

0 comments

More news stories

Ten years after an enforcement team set fire to John Gawthorp’s illegal ‘stable home’ at Bedlam Bridge, March, the site has acquired new owners who this time want to turn it into an aquaponics centre.

Yesterday, 16:13

The agent trying to secure consent for a £210,000 five bedroom house to be turned into a nine bedroom room house in multiple occupation (HMO) told Fenland planners he fails to see why potential noise is an issue.

Yesterday, 15:38

Two houses not built in accordance with the plans approved by Fenland Council can stay after officials concluded they will “not adversely harm the character and appearance of the area”.

Yesterday, 19:48

A Wisbech man has been sent for trial after denying the murder of a 35-year-old man from West Walton.

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Cambs Times e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter