July 25 2014 Latest news:
Story by: ROB SETCHELL, Reporter
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
MARCH failed to record a single league point on Saturday as they slumped to a miserable nine-wicket defeat at Sawston.
It was the first time in six years that Chris Ringham’s side had failed to register a bonus point in a Tucker Gardner Premier Division game.
Asked to bat on a seamer-friendly wicket, March were reduced to 53-5. Tommy Howgego top-scored with 21 but the visitors were dismissed for just 96.
Sawston’s batsmen made short work of the lowly total, with skipper Ringham the only bowler to claim a scalp.
Ringham bagged four more wickets on Sunday as March beat Uppingham by 10 runs in Rutland Division One. Openers David Hodson (50) and Ryan Meyer (54) helped March post 185, before Uppingham were dismissed for 175.
• MARCH II opened their Cambs Senior Division One campaign with a 63-run defeat to Horseheath at The Avenue.
Richard Green (4-40) and Stuart Arnold (2-36) helped restrict Horseheath to 172-8 but John Wallis’ 21 was the top score as March crumbled to 109 all out.
The seconds had a better day on Sunday as teenage all-rounder Toby Nulty inspired a seven-wicket win over Witcham. Nulty took 4-12 as Witcham folded for 81, before hitting an unbeaten 28 to guide March home.
• SUTTON’S tail-enders helped them to a 45-run victory over visitors March III.
The home side recovered from 76-8 to post 115-9, with Matthew Hubbard, Stuart Fox and Jacob Gray claiming two wickets each for March.
Scott Welcher (30) and Jamie Stimpson (15) put on 44 for the fourth wicket but March limped to 70 all out in reply.
• MARCH IV claimed the club’s only victory on Saturday by thrashing rivals Wisbech IV by 10 wickets.
Nick Drew top-scored with 21 as March bowlers Manuj Patel, Glen Hulley and Sam Mason combined to skittle Wisbech for 73. Patel (18 not out) and Dennis Furnell (44 not out) knocked off the runs with ease.
• WISBECH failed to follow up Saturday’s victory over St Ives as they crashed to a massive 221-run defeat against Rothwell Town.
Danny Emmington took the only two wickets to fall as Rothwell racked up 279-2 in Sunday’s Rutland Division Two game.
Only Matt Esser (14) and Pat Reeve (10 not out) reached double figures as Wisbech were shot out for 58 in reply.
• MATTHEW Parrin took three wickets and hit 50 not out as Wisbech II beat Wilbrahams by six wickets. Brad Apted (3-30) and Adrian Clare (36 not out) were also in fine form during the seconds’ comfortable win.
• A STUNNING six-wicket haul from Craig Pack helped Wisbech III beat Doddington by six wickets on Saturday. Pack helped dismiss Doddington for 93 before Laurence Twell’s 60 not out eased Wisbech home.
• CHATTERIS made a winning start to life in Cambs Senior Division Two with a six-wicket victory over Bluntisham.
Captain Ant Palmer took 4-23 as Bluntisham struggled to 88 all out before James Dawson hit a composed 53 not out to secure Chatteris the points.
• JAMES Fraser (61) and Connor Morton (36) helped Chatteris thrash Wisbech III by 139 runs in the Fenland Trophy on Sunday.
Responding to Chatteris’ 186-8, Wisbech were shot out for 47 - with opening bowler Kristian Brown recording amazing figures of four wickets for four runs.