Autumn brings a rich golden hue to the countryside, it signals the start of lazy nights by the fire and offers a whole season of fun.
As October draws to a close, school children and teachers will be embarking on a well-earned week off, giving them time to explore the seasonal delights of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex. Whether it is indoor play away from the autumn chill or enjoying the various firework displays.
With Hallowe'en falling in the middle of this year's half-term break, children will be able to delve feet first into the age-old tradition of fancy dress and gruesome fun.
As the week draws to close, bonfire night celebrations will get underway with a bang. Across the region there will be firework displays of varying scales, allowing families to be captivated by explosions of colour against the dark, autumn skies in a safe, controlled environment.
View our listings below of all the bonfire night celebrations taking place near you!
To tell us about a Hallowe'en or bonfire night celebration, email Cat Lennon.
Guy Fawkes Events
- Cambridge City Council Annual Fireworks display. Thurston Family Fun Fair will be open from 6pm-10pm. When: Wednesday, November 5 2014. Where: Midsummer Common, Cambridge Time: Fireworks at 7.30pm Prices: Donations of at least £1 per person Web: www.cambridge.gov.uk/fireworks. Parking: At The Grafton, Park Street, Grand Arcade and Queen Anne Terrace car parks Disabled access: Parking for disabled people will be available at Jesus College. These spaces are limited and available to blue badge holders only. After road closures, or when these spaces have been filled, Grafton Centre East and Queen Anne Terrace car parks are recommended.
- Godmanchester's annual bonfire night celebration. When: Wednesday November 5 2014 Where: Judith's Field at the top of London Road. Time: Gates will open at 6:15pm, the bonfire will start at 7:00pm and the firework display at 7:30pm. Prices: Advance tickets: £4 adults, £1.50 children. On the gate: £5 adults, £2.50 children.Advance tickets available from Bellmans Bakery, Serendipity, GMC Schools. For further information call 01480 437774
- Grafham Annual Firework Display. As well as fireworks there will be stalls containing hot dogs, jacket potatoes, soup and mulled wine. When: Saturday November 8 2014 Where: Grafham Village Hall. Time: Gates open at 5.30pm. Fireworks at 6.30pm. Prices: Tickets £4 for adults, £2 for children (5-16), under 5's free.
- Hemingford Firework Display. Fun for all the family with kiddies fun fair, refreshments and a licensed bar. When: Saturday November 8 2014 Where: London Road, near the bridge, St. Ives, Cambs, PE27 5ER. Time: Gates open at 5pm. Bonfire lit at 5.30pm, Fireworks at 6.30pm. Prices: Tickets £5 for adults, £2 for children (under 16). Family pass (2+3) £10 - advance purchase only. For details on ticket sellers see www.fireworksinhemingford.uk. Parking: Free
- Alconbury Sports and Social Club Fireworks. As well as fireworks there will be a Halloween disco and BBQ, fancy dress, children's parade and adults parade. When: Friday, October 31 2014 Where: Alconbury Sports and Social Club. Time: 6pm. Children's parade at 6.30pm, adults parade, 8.30pm. Fireworks from 7.30pm. Prices: Tickets in advance - £10 family ticket, £4 adult, £2 child. On the gate - £12 family ticket, £5 adult, £4 child, under 5's free.Telephone: 01480 891313 Email: email@example.com chase up as missing details
- Eynesbury Rovers Annual Family Firework Night. Fireworks display, licensed bar, hot and cold food and drinks stands. When: Sunday, November 2 2014. Where: Eynesbury Rovers Football Club Time: Gates open at 5pm, display starts at 6.30pm. Prices: £10 family ticket, £5 adults, £2 for children/concessions. Advanced family ticket £8. Parking: No parking on site.
- Yaxley Fireworks. Fireworks display from The Yaxley Scout and Guide Display. When: Saturday, November 1 2014. Where: Three Horseshoes, Main Street, Yaxley, PE7 3LD. Time: Gates open at 6pm, bonfire lighting 6.30pm, fireworks 7pm.. Prices: Family tickets available for £10. More details here: www.yaxleyfireworks.co.uk/
Do you have a Fireworks Listing? Send in your listings to firstname.lastname@example.org