Autumn brings a rich golden hue to the countryside, it signals the start of lazy nights by the fire and offers a whole season of fun.
As October draws to a close, school children and teachers will be embarking on a well-earned week off, giving them time to explore the seasonal delights of Cambridgeshire. Whether it is indoor play away from the autumn chill or enjoying the various firework displays.
With Hallowe'en falling in the middle of this year's half-term break, children will be able to delve feet first into the age-old tradition of fancy dress and gruesome fun.
As the week draws to close, bonfire night celebrations will get underway with a bang. Across the region there will be firework displays of varying scales, allowing families to be captivated by explosions of colour against the dark, autumn skies in a safe, controlled environment.
View our listings below of all the bonfire night celebrations taking place near you!
To tell us about a Hallowe'en or bonfire night celebration, email Cat Lennon.
Halloween Find out more about the history of this tradition.
Bonfire Night Find out about the county's links to the famous Gunpowder Plot.
Bonfire Night Events 2015
- 1st EBC Scout Group's Annual Bonfire and Firework Event. When: Saturday, November 7 2015 Where: Mehew's Field, Wood End in Bluntisham. Time: Gates will open at 5.30pm, the firework display starts at 6.45pm. Prices: Tickets are £6 each, any group of 4 people are £20 in advance. Under 4's free of charge. Tickets available from Budgens in Bluntisham or on the gate. (No group tickets can be purchased on the gate). Ticket price includes food (whilst stocks last).
- Cambridge City Council Annual Fireworks display. Thurston Family Fun Fair will be open from 6pm-10pm. When: Wednesday, November 5 2015. Where: Midsummer Common, Cambridge Time: Fireworks at 7.30pm Prices: Donations of at least £1 per person Web: www.cambridge.gov.uk/fireworks. Parking: At The Grafton, Park Street, Grand Arcade and Queen Anne Terrace car parks Disabled access: Parking for disabled people will be available at Jesus College. These spaces are limited and available to blue badge holders only. After road closures, or when these spaces have been filled, Grafton Centre East and Queen Anne Terrace car parks are recommended.
- Godmanchester's annual bonfire night celebration. When: Thursday November 5 2015 Where: Judith's Field at the top of London Road. Time: Gates will open at 6:15pm, the bonfire will start at 7:00pm and the firework display at 7:30pm. Prices: Advance tickets: £4 adults, £1.50 children. On the gate: £5 adults, £2.50 children.Advance tickets available from Bellmans Bakery, Serendipity, GMC Schools. For further information call 01480 437774
- Grafham Annual Firework Display. As well as fireworks there will be stalls containing hot dogs, jacket potatoes, soup and mulled wine. When: Saturday November 7 2015 Where: Grafham Village Hall. Time: Gates open at 5.30pm. Fireworks at 6.30pm. Prices: Tickets £4 for adults, £2 for children (5-16), under 5's free.
- Hemingford Firework Display. Fun for all the family with kiddies fun fair, refreshments and a licensed bar. When: Saturday November 7 2015 Where: London Road, near the bridge, St. Ives, Cambs, PE27 5ER. Time: Gates open at 5pm. Bonfire lit at 5.30pm, Fireworks at 6.30pm. Prices: Tickets £5 for adults, £2 for children (under 16). Family pass (2+3) £10 - advance purchase only. For details on ticket sellers see www.fireworksinhemingford.uk. Parking: Free
- Halloween and Firework Extravaganza. 12 minute firework display, Halloween competitions and a fairground. When: Saturday October 31 2015 Where: Huntingdon Racecourse. Time: Gates open at 4.30pm. Fireworks at 7pm. Prices: Tickets £5 for adults, kids go free. For more details see www.huntingdon.thejockeyclub.co.uk/events-tickets/whats-on.
- Kimbolton fireworks and laser spectacular. Fireworks display with fun fair, bar, burgers, hot dogs and a hog roast.. When: Friday, November 6 2015. Where: Kimbolton Castle Time: Fair starts 6pm, fireworks at 8pm Prices: Tickets £10 (on the gate, children under 16 free) Parking: Free Email: email@example.com
- Alconbury Sports and Social Club Fireworks. As well as fireworks there will be a Halloween disco and BBQ, fancy dress, children's parade and adults parade. When: Friday, October 31 2015 Where: Alconbury Sports and Social Club. Time: Fancy dress mini disco from 6pm. Fireworks from 7.30pm. Prices: Tickets in advance - £12 family ticket, £5 adult, £3 child. On the gate - £15 family ticket, £6 adult, £4 child, under 5's free.Telephone: 01480 891313 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eynesbury Rovers Annual Family Firework Night. Fireworks display, licensed bar, hot and cold food and drinks stands. When: Sunday, November 1 2015. Where: Eynesbury Rovers Football Club Time: Gates open at 5pm, display starts at 6.30pm. Prices: £10 family ticket, £5 adults, £2 for children/concessions. Advanced family ticket £8. Parking: No parking on site.
- Wilburton Fireworks Display. The event includes a 20 minute display, BBQ, hot and cold drinks, kids fun fair, novelties and bar. All proceeds go to local good causes. When: Saturday, November 7 2015. Where: Wilburton Recreation Ground, CB6 3RB Time: Gates open at 6pm, fire lit around 6:30pm, fireworks at 7:30pm. Event finishes at 9pm. Prices: On the gate: £5 adults, £2.50 per child (5-16). Under 5's are free. Tickets purchased in advance: £5 adults, accompanied children £1. Parking: Free Website: www.wilburton.org.uk/77Committee
- Yaxley Fireworks. Fireworks display from The Yaxley Scout and Guide Display. When: Saturday, November 7 2015. Where: Three Horseshoes, Main Street, Yaxley, PE7 3LD. Time: Gates open at 6pm, bonfire lighting 6.30pm, fireworks 7pm.. Prices: Family tickets available for £12. More details here: www.yaxleyfireworks.co.uk/
Do you have a Fireworks Listing? Send in your listings to email@example.com