Amazing raffle prizes on offer at Helena’s fun day which keeps on growing
10:44 25 October 2012
WHAT started off as a small, simple pottery party for Helena Mueller and her friends has become a day packed with activities in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Some of the raffle prizes ● ● ●
● Dinner for two at Plate & Porter, March
● Burghley House – family season ticket for 2013
● Dinner for two at The Griffin, March
● Hamper of toys and biscuits from PJ Coles Builders
● Bronze Christmas meat hamper from March Quality Meats
● Family ticket to Pigeons Farm, Thorney
● Hot and cold stone massage at Alpine Health Club, March
● Energising package at Alpine Health Club
● Sue Rayner photography voucher
● Sunday lunch for four at The Cock Inn, March
● Paul’s Auto Valeting, March – £20 voucher
● Mallet’s Jewellers, March – £10 voucher
● Free service at Alan Banks Garage, March
● Little India Restaurant, Thorney Toll – £20 voucher
● Imperial Bento Restaurant, Thorney Toll – £20 voucher
● Voucher for Julie’s Bakery, March
● Once Upon A Cake, March – £20 voucher
● Two flower arrangements from Flowers 4 Events, March x2
● Inspirations Nail Bar, March – £20 voucher
● Spa products gift bag from Bellezza Beauty Spa, March
● Picture The Scene Photography – photo shoot worth £85
● Tanz & Thai Retreat, March – £20 tanning voucher
The fun includes pottery demonstrations, a ball pit, candy carriage, displays for cakes, cards, jewellery and flower arrangements, a photography stand, a nail bar and even an ice cream van.
A huge raffle will also be held - with just a few of the prizes listed on this page.
Helena, of March, said: “I have all my Christmas gifts wrapped in the loft, they are all tagged and in bags ready for me to give out. All my cards are stamped and ready to be posted.
“I have my little boy’s second birthday party all in hand too - and Harry won’t be two until next May. So I needed a project as I like to have things to plan.
“So I decided to plan a pottery party for my friends and their little ones. I had booked Trinity Church Hall and we were going to pay £2 each to cover the cost of the hall hire.”
However, the event started to grow when Helena approached businesses for raffle prizes. She said: “The prizes were just too good to go into a raffle at a small coffee morning and I wanted all of the people who gave these prizes to get a mention for their kindness.”
It grew so much that Helena was forced to move the event from Trinity Church to the Oliver Cromwell Hotel. The party takes place on Wednesday November 7 from 10.30am-2.30pm.
Helena said: “I planned it for a date that was not in the school half-term was because I did not feel confident about planning a big event. I think it’s safe to say that I no longer feel that way.”
Peterborough Greyhounds has also donated a number of discounted vouchers giving free entry and a fast food meal for £1. An A4 sheet containing four vouchers is being sold for £2.