Cambridge Club Festival underway with Diana Ross set to headline main stage
- Credit: Hello Content
The Cambridge Club Festival is underway, and soul and R&B fans were pictured at Childerley Orchard in their droves.
Level 42, fronted by Mark King, headlined day one of the three-day festival yesterday (Friday, June 10).
The Jacksons are tonight's headliners, while Diana Ross will headline the R&B event tomorrow (Sunday, June 12).
Among Friday's performers was former Radio One DJ Sara Cox.
Crowds also flocked to see drag icon Jodie Harsh, and festival-goers took to social media to share their experiences.
Kris wrote on Twitter: "Level 42 setting the bar at Cambridge Club Festival. Still as good a live act as they were 30 years ago."
Another Twitter user praised west London acid Jazz band Brand New Heavies.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 7 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
They wrote: "Brand New Heavies stole the day at The Cambridge Club Festival."
A Cambridge Club organiser said: "After an exceedingly exceptional first day, we are absolutely loving the disco fever you’re all bringing to the dance floor."