Former church hall with permission to convert into a hotel could be yours for £300,000
- Credit: Rosedale Land and New Homes
Whittlesey's old church hall, which has permission to be turned into an 11-bed hotel, is on the market with a guide price of £300,000.
The Station Road address, which was once used by St Mary's church, has been derelict for about two decades.
The planning permission includes new vehicular access from Scaldgate and the erection of a two-storey rear extension. The current single storey extension is set to be demolished.
Selling agent Rosedale Land and New Homes say the site, which is close to Whittlesey market place, is ideal for a hotel, Airbnb or serviced rooms.
Fenland District Council gave the thumbs up to the scheme in 2019 after several previous proposals were rejected, including the demolition of the hall and erection of houses on the site.
Station Road, Whittlesey
Guide price: £300,000
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 6 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
Rosedale Lane and New Homes, 01733 574969, www.rosedalenewhomes.co.uk