£1,000 cash boost for March in Bloom thanks to Tesco’s community fund
- Credit: Archant
March in Bloom was given a green-fingered £1,000 boost thanks to Tesco’s community fund.
The cash injection will help with a number of upcoming projects, said chairman Frances Murray.
“It’s very good for us because we can do a lot with that money. The group is really pleased.”
The donation took place to tie in with Clean for the Queen, where 14 members took part on Friday and eight on Saturday.
Between them, they sorted out 32 piles of rubbish.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are always needed to help March in Bloom and Street Pride with litter picks and gardening.
- 1 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 2 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member