Whittlesey park run gets under starters order - with 100 joining the first event at Manor leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
The first Whittlesey Park Run took place on Saturday.
Over 100 fun runners, walkers, runners with dogs, walkers with pushchairs took part going around the 5K course at the Manor Leisure Centre.
Organisers were delighted with the response with young and old taking part and they are looking forward to the weekly gatherings increasing in numbers.
The sessions are free of charge and take place every Saturday with a 9am start.
You need to register before your first run but that’s all you have to do to take part.
You may also want to watch:
The event is volunteer led and in Whittlesey a small group has been set up to ensure the parkruns work successfully.
“Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the pavilion at the finish area - please come and join us,” say organisers.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“We all run for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace.”
Photos courtesy of RWT Photography