100% pass rate for students at Wisbech Grammar School
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS at Wisbech Grammar School have achieved 100 per cent pass rates in their A-level results.
Almost 90 per cent of the passes are at the top three grades, A*, A and B.
Ten pupils gained A* or A grades in three or more subjects.
Two of the candidates, head boy Sam-Henry Pressling and deputy head boy Jonathan Ison, have won places at top Oxbridge colleges after achieving a full house of A* grades in four subjects.
Sam-Henry will study medicine at Trinity College, Cambridge and Jonathan will read physics at Christ Church.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster Nicholas Hammond said: “In a year when we have been told that high grades would be harder to achieve it is fantastic to see that our upper sixth form students have performed at such a high level.
“The A*-C pass rate of 89 per cent means that the vast majority of our students will go on to take up places at their first choice universities and that top grades are the norm for Wisbech Grammar School students.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“These results reflect the hard work that the students have put into their studies and the excellent support that they have received from their teachers.
A Level pass rate A-C: 89%
A Level pass rate A-B: 69%
AS Level pass rate A-C: 67%
A Level pass rate A-E: 100%
AS Level pass rate A-E: 91%
Percentage of pupils gaining three A Level passes: 95%