100% pass rate for students at Wisbech Grammar School
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS at Wisbech Grammar School have achieved 100 per cent pass rates in their A-level results.
Almost 90 per cent of the passes are at the top three grades, A*, A and B.
Ten pupils gained A* or A grades in three or more subjects.
Two of the candidates, head boy Sam-Henry Pressling and deputy head boy Jonathan Ison, have won places at top Oxbridge colleges after achieving a full house of A* grades in four subjects.
Sam-Henry will study medicine at Trinity College, Cambridge and Jonathan will read physics at Christ Church.
Headmaster Nicholas Hammond said: “In a year when we have been told that high grades would be harder to achieve it is fantastic to see that our upper sixth form students have performed at such a high level.
“The A*-C pass rate of 89 per cent means that the vast majority of our students will go on to take up places at their first choice universities and that top grades are the norm for Wisbech Grammar School students.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 2 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 3 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 4 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 5 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill woman
- 8 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 9 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 10 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
“These results reflect the hard work that the students have put into their studies and the excellent support that they have received from their teachers.
A Level pass rate A-C: 89%
A Level pass rate A-B: 69%
AS Level pass rate A-C: 67%
A Level pass rate A-E: 100%
AS Level pass rate A-E: 91%
Percentage of pupils gaining three A Level passes: 95%