Armed cops and police helicopter joins high-speed 100mph chase in Cambridgeshire as two are arrested
- Credit: Archant
Two people were arrested following a 100mph car chase in Cambridgeshire earlier today (November 5).
A police helicopter was called to assist the reported eight police cars - including an armed unit - as the chase began on the A605 at Oundle at around 9.45am.
The car, a Toyota Yaris, was identified by ANPR cameras before the high-speed chase and was recorded travelling at 100mph.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called at 9.45am today (November 5) with reports of a suspected stolen car on the A14 at Keyston.
"The car - a Toyota Yaris - was identified on ANPR heading on the A605 at Oundle and failed to stop for officers.
You may also want to watch:
"A pursuit began, with the car travelling at speeds of 100mph, and the NPAS police helicopter also assisted together with armed officers.
"The vehicle was stopped in Yaxley after officers deployed a stinger. Two people have been arrested at the scene."
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
An eye witness said: "Massive police chase down Whittlesey Road, Car giving chase, heavily damaged at the rear, currently heading towards the parkway."
Another said: "Yes a massive police car chase, eight vehicles (four unmarked) with police helicopter following a vehicle that has had a massive impact with serious damage."