Armed cops and police helicopter joins high-speed 100mph chase in Cambridgeshire as two are arrested
- Credit: Archant
Two people were arrested following a 100mph car chase in Cambridgeshire earlier today (November 5).
A police helicopter was called to assist the reported eight police cars - including an armed unit - as the chase began on the A605 at Oundle at around 9.45am.
The car, a Toyota Yaris, was identified by ANPR cameras before the high-speed chase and was recorded travelling at 100mph.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called at 9.45am today (November 5) with reports of a suspected stolen car on the A14 at Keyston.
"The car - a Toyota Yaris - was identified on ANPR heading on the A605 at Oundle and failed to stop for officers.
You may also want to watch:
"A pursuit began, with the car travelling at speeds of 100mph, and the NPAS police helicopter also assisted together with armed officers.
"The vehicle was stopped in Yaxley after officers deployed a stinger. Two people have been arrested at the scene."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
An eye witness said: "Massive police chase down Whittlesey Road, Car giving chase, heavily damaged at the rear, currently heading towards the parkway."
Another said: "Yes a massive police car chase, eight vehicles (four unmarked) with police helicopter following a vehicle that has had a massive impact with serious damage."