CHAIRMAN Les Payne welcomed 32 members to the 100th Club s monthly meeting at the reading room, plus new member Mrs Cowan. Speaker was Jane Frost from Littleport who gave a talk on willow in the garden. With an industrial background of textiles with leadi
CHAIRMAN Les Payne welcomed 32 members to the 100th Club's monthly meeting at the reading room, plus new member Mrs Cowan.
Speaker was Jane Frost from Littleport who gave a talk on willow in the garden. With an industrial background of textiles with leading textile companies ill health brought her to spending long hours in the garden and consequently the use of willow began to develop. Her supplies are grown on her allotment and are graded according to the width of willow required for the project she would be modelling. Samples of her work were handed around for members to inspect. She was thanked by the chairman.
Tea and biscuits were served by the tea committee. The draw was conducted by Mrs Jenny Nash and the auction by Mr Payne assisted by Jean Nash and Pat Case.
At the next meeting, at the reading room on July 20 (7pm), members will be entertained by children.
You may also want to watch:
Places are still available for the coach trip to Gt Yarmouth on July 4 and the trip to the lavender fields and Hunstanton on July 20. Anyone interested in either outing should ring Beattie Kingham 01354 740268. Non members are welcome.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept