'It's no good being miserable' says fun loving Kath on her 101st birthday
- Credit: The Gables
Kath Rhodes celebrated her 101st birthday at the Gables, Chatteris.
She has been a resident since 2017; Kath said the most important thing was to have her family around her.
She was joined by her daughter Linda and grandson Martin but the biggest surprise was seeing her son Tony.
She had not seen him during the pandemic as he was poorly himself but surprised his mum by turning up, accompanied by his partner Lesley.
“The afternoon culminated in enjoying a slice of cake made specially by chef Heath for Kath, to reflect her love of seaside outings,” said Lorna Jones, the East Park Street home’s activities coordinator. .
"Making every moment count living life to the full Kath takes part in everything offered at the Gables.
“It ranges from exercises classes, yoga, bingo, crafts, cake making and being part of the shows that the staff put on for the residents.
- 1 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 5 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 6 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
“But her biggest love is the sun as soon as it shines Kath rounds up the staff and residents and outside, they go to the garden for a relaxing afternoon full of chat and laughter and of course an ice cream.”
Lorna added: “Kath has a very wicked sense of humour and puts her longevity down to always having a laugh her words it’s no good being miserable”.