101-year-old takes trip to Camp Beagle
- Credit: Facebook / Camp Beagle
A 101-year-old man took a trip to the animal rights Camp Beagle camp at Wyton on Saturday (February 12) to visit protestors there.
Ron Green, from Hertfordshire, was accompanied by his family during the visit.
A spokesperson from Camp Beagle said: “This is Ron, who honoured us with a visit on Saturday February 12.
“We shared a few cups of tea and he even treated us to a song.
“He is..wait for it.. 101-years-young!”
They added: “It’s all about the love Ron and we could feel it.”
For Ron’s 101st birthday on November 14 2021, he decided to set up a fundraiser for a cause very close to his heart, Hillside Animal Sanctuary in Norfolk.
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 4 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 All you need to know about FACT charity's dial-a-ride service
He's now raised over £16,000.
Commenting on the photo of Ron posted on Facebook by Camp Beagle, one person said “Bless him, to come out on cold days to support, thank you so much".
Another added: “Look at Ron, a gentleman of the older generation but still agreeing with us all".
Ron will be visiting Camp Beagle again on February 21.
Ron's fundraiser is still open and you can donate here.