BMW caught speeding at 130mph in thick fog - with children on board, too
- Credit: Cambs Police
A speeding motorist was stopped in thick fog on the A1M travelling at 130mph with young children in the car.
The BMW driver was pulled over on Saturday on the A1M in Cambridgeshire.
A police spokesman said the car was stopped at Sawtry after he had passed officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Herts Roads Policing Unit.
“The driver passed officers from our BCH Roads Policing Unit at speed,” said a police spokesman.
“He told officers that he thought it was acceptable to travel at 130mph in the fog with his young children in the car”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “When stopped, the driver said he didn’t think his actions were that bad because he’s a ‘good driver’.
“Speeding is one of the #fatalfour causes of collisions on our roads and this outcome could have been a lot worse. “Drive with caution and to the road conditions - almost double the speed limit is unacceptable.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies