BMW caught speeding at 130mph in thick fog - with children on board, too
- Credit: Cambs Police
A speeding motorist was stopped in thick fog on the A1M travelling at 130mph with young children in the car.
The BMW driver was pulled over on Saturday on the A1M in Cambridgeshire.
A police spokesman said the car was stopped at Sawtry after he had passed officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Herts Roads Policing Unit.
“The driver passed officers from our BCH Roads Policing Unit at speed,” said a police spokesman.
“He told officers that he thought it was acceptable to travel at 130mph in the fog with his young children in the car”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “When stopped, the driver said he didn’t think his actions were that bad because he’s a ‘good driver’.
“Speeding is one of the #fatalfour causes of collisions on our roads and this outcome could have been a lot worse. “Drive with caution and to the road conditions - almost double the speed limit is unacceptable.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack