BMW caught speeding at 130mph in thick fog - with children on board, too
- Credit: Cambs Police
A speeding motorist was stopped in thick fog on the A1M travelling at 130mph with young children in the car.
The BMW driver was pulled over on Saturday on the A1M in Cambridgeshire.
A police spokesman said the car was stopped at Sawtry after he had passed officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Herts Roads Policing Unit.
“The driver passed officers from our BCH Roads Policing Unit at speed,” said a police spokesman.
“He told officers that he thought it was acceptable to travel at 130mph in the fog with his young children in the car”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “When stopped, the driver said he didn’t think his actions were that bad because he’s a ‘good driver’.
“Speeding is one of the #fatalfour causes of collisions on our roads and this outcome could have been a lot worse. “Drive with caution and to the road conditions - almost double the speed limit is unacceptable.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick