£150,000 to be pumped into review of bus services across Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Good news for all those who travel by bus - a £150,000 review into bus services across Cambridgeshire has been agreed.
£150,000 worth of funding towards the review was given the go-ahead at Wednesday’s (November 29) Combined Authority Board.
The review, which will look at commercial, subsidised and community services, will be fed into the new Local Transport Plan. Council partners, the Greater Cambridge Partnership and local bus operators will all be invited to have their say on the state of the county’s current services with the long term view of improving them.
Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, James Palmer, said: “I’m fully aware that many people across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are not satisfied with the current provision so the review will provide a valuable opportunity for us to consider how things might be done differently.
“I’m excited by the review. As Mayor, I’m keen to do things differently and look at things afresh. This strategic review will enable us to take a proper look at the future of bus service provision in our area and how it’s likely to develop and change over the years ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“There are many options open to us that will hopefully enable us to play an active role in delivering better services to the people of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough who rely on buses.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed