150 homes and shopping centre plan for Wisbech garden nursery site
A NURSERY in Wisbech could be used for 150 homes and a 2,000 square metre shopping centre.
The 1.2 acre site of Harringtons Nursery in Lynn Road has been subject to several possibilities in recent years but now Ashley King Developments has come forward with a scheme to build there.
Savills has submitted a screening options statement on their behalf – effectively to determine what environmental issues might be raised- in advance of detailed planning.
The north east Wisbech site has a number of outbuildings, polytunnels and glasshouse which would all be removed if the scheme goes ahead.
“The house which stands on the front of the site will be retained,” says Savills.
You may also want to watch:
“The site is well related to the settlement boundary of Wisbech and neighbours residential development to the south and is opposite Wisbech Town FC.”
The spokesman said they envisaged no significant impact on traffic if the homes are built and a new junction would be built to ease access.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home