17 years in jail for man who sexually and physically abused four-year-old stepdaughter
- Credit: Archant
A man who sexually and physically abused his four-year-old stepdaughter has been jailed for 17 years.
The 31-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, bit her, leaving a full bite mark to her arm, and sexually assaulted her, causing serious internal injuries.
The man pleaded guilty to inflicting the bite at Cambridge Crown Court but denied the sexual assault.
He was found guilty of both offences following a two-week trial, during which the victim was cross examined and he opted not to give evidence.
He was arrested in August last year when her mother sought medical help for her daughter.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was removed from her mother and placed into care, during which time she made disclosures about how her ‘Daddy’ had hurt her.
Detective Constable Juliet Heald said: “This was a difficult investigation due to the young age of the victim and the gross breach of trust involved.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
“The offender showed no remorse whatsoever throughout his interviews, not even when he admitted to the bite mark.
“My thoughts are with the victim and her mother who should have been able to trust the offender. The sentence reflects the extreme level of force used and the serious injuries he caused.”