Ely family back £2,000 appeal for vital life saving operation for foster dog rescued from Romania
- Credit: Archant
An Ely family is spear heading a campaign to raise £2,000 for a life saving operation for a foster dog rescued from Romania.
Layla was found on the road with both back legs broken. She was only a few months old at the time.
James Evans said: “We rescued Layla and she received vet treatment in Bucharest. “She is now in her foster home in the UK but sadly requires additional extensive treatment for her legs as she is in severe pain.”
Without this treatment life for Layla will be impossible. She urgently needs two operations, each will cost in the region of £2,000.
James said: “We are trying to raise £2,000 for the first operation.”
You may also want to watch:
He explained that his mother, Dawn, fostered the dog that had been hit by a car and found on the side of the road at six weeks old.
“She has severe injuries,” said James. “The surgery costs around £2,000 and the charity that my mum has fostered her through, has started a GoFundMe page to raise the money.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
He said: “My family has lived in Ely for 10 years and my mum walks our dogs, Bailey and Layla everyday.
“Our other dog Bailey is about a year old, as we got her after the passing of our previous dog Jess.
“Our dog Jess was hit by a car at two years old. We were told she would not live long despite surgery; however, we went for the surgery anyway.
“She passed away at 13 years old last year. My mum would just like to provide the same opportunity to this dog.”
To donate head here.