20 years of car vandalism
A WOMAN says she s on the verge of quitting Chatteris after losing a 20 year battle to stop her cars from being vandalised. Elaine Stimpson s move comes after the latest incident when someone daubed her silver Ford Mondeo, parked outside her home in West
A WOMAN says she's on the verge of quitting Chatteris after losing a 20 year battle to stop her cars from being vandalised.
Elaine Stimpson's move comes after the latest incident when someone daubed her silver Ford Mondeo, parked outside her home in West Street, with a yellow stripe.
Mrs Stimpson, 42, says she has now decided to move somewhere that offers better security for her car.
"I have had enough of this," she said. "It is just one thing after another. People are either not taking care of their driving, or being louts."
You may also want to watch:
It is just the latest of many incidents for Mrs Stimpson who, throughout the 20 years she lived in West Street, has seen many of her cars hit by careless drivers while it was parked.
She parked her car outside her home on Sunday at about 7pm after visiting her daughter, but went out at 7.30am the following morning to find that someone had sprayed a stripe on the rear quarter panel, on the passenger side, of the car.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Mrs Stimpson said: "Unfortunately I live in a cottage without a garage and we have no choice but to park on the road.
"It is my car, I spent £7,000 on it and, being a cleaner, I have done a lot of work to earn it. I have worked out I have done more than 1,000 hours to pay for it.
"I am really ticked off that somebody could just come along and spray it. For what reason they have done it, I just can not fathom.