£200 raised for Magpas by 2WheelJunkie of Chatteris at charity day
- Credit: Archant
EMERGENCY medical charity Magpas benefited to the tune of £200 when a Chatteris motorcycle specialist held an open day.
The event at 2WheelJunkie’s store, alongside the A142 at Chatteris, saw music and food on offer alongside a massive warehouse clearance sale of biking bargains.
Five per cent of all warehouse sales on the day were donated to Magpas, with the total boosted by a running collection.
Paul Hanley, managing director of 2WheelJunkie, said: “A lot of local bikers got on their bikes on what was an overcast day and really enjoyed themselves.”
Ivor Sanderson, from Magpas, visited 2WheelJunkie’s store to accept the cheque.
You may also want to watch:
Magpas costs £2.5million a year of donated money to run life-saving frontline emergency medical cover, by both car and helicopter, to patients across Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Peterborough and Ely.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend