2011 Baby of the Year winners receive their prizes
THE three winners in our 2011 Baby of the Year competition have received their prizes.
Almost 150 babies were entered in this year’s competition, sponsored by Gibbs shoe shop in Wisbech.
Their pictures were taken at two five-day photo shoots, at Babee Boutique in March and at Gibbs in Church Terrace, by a photographer from the Portrait Group.
Hundreds of votes were cast throughout April as readers chose their top tot. In the end there were three clear winners:
• 0-18 Months: Connor Fyson
• 18 Months to three years: Eva Read
• Three to five years: Shaelea Porter
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
All three were presented their prize, a contemporary print courtesy of the Portrait Group, last Wednesday by editorial content manager Tom Jackson.