20Twenty Productions to perfom Class at March Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Fenland theatre group 20Twenty Academy will perform Class - a play about politics, populism and the ‘ping’ of a text message - at March Town Hall this week.
The performances, which are part of National Theatre Connections – a nationwide celebration of new plays for young people – take place on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 March.
Class is one of 10 new plays written especially for Connections by playwrights Ben Bailey Smith and Lajaune Lincoln.
Its school election time and while most of the school is busy enjoying their lunch break, deadlock is taking place amongst the members of the school council. Bitter rivalries, secret alliances and false promises are laid bare.
As a ruthless battle ensues, who will win and does anyone really care?
You may also want to watch:
National Theatre Connections is one of the UK’s largest celebrations of youth theatre. Plays are commissioned for and about young people, from some of the best contemporary playwrights, and performed by schools and youth theatres all over the UK and Ireland.
Young people have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of creating and staging the play both on and offstage, from set design to costume, lighting and stage management.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
For further information, or if you are aged 14-19 and interested in joining 20Twenty Productions, contact 20Twenty Academy, 01354 652769, firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about National Theatre Connections visit nationaltheatre.org.uk/connections