Rugby match report written by March Bear Colin Galbraith

Bury St Edmunds 3 v March Bears

Score: 19 v 52

Saturday November 4

March Bears put on yet another great team performance away from home sinking a team they struggled to draw with last year.

Despite several missing players with injuries and unavailability March still travelled with a full squad which showed no weakness when rotated during the match.

The improvement has been almost sensational which is down to a complete cohesion brought on by the coaching team at Bears.

Kris Jones was quoted as saying: "We always knew Bury was going to be a tough place to visit.

"They were strong at the breakdown and provided a stern test in the set piece but as always our quality came through ten fold in the second half."

Led by the outstanding Will Paul in attack and our man of the match Aiden Grey who was a machine all over the park.

We look forward to welcoming Saffron Walden to the Bear Pit next weekend “

Will Paul opened the scoring in the first two minutes chipping the ball over the opposition backs and gathering it and completing this solo effort under the posts.

The ever reliable Sam Howat converted giving the Bears a 0 v 7 lead

Five minutes later Bury St Edmunds replied with a breakaway try by their speedy winger which they failed to convert 5 v 7.

Play ebbed and flowed until the 20th minute when Will Paul looped and fed Sam Howat for the Bears second try and Howat converted the try to make it 5 v 14.

But again Bury  fought back and their second row  and probably their best player on the field, cut through the Bears line to go under the posts for a converted try. Now it was 12 v 14.

In the 32nd minute, yet another flowing movement saw Kris Jones go over the line towards the corner and this try remained unconverted.

Three minutes later yet another good team move saw Sam Howat go over for his second try which he also converted taking the half time score to 12 v 26.

Five minutes after the restart Adam Boxall was yellow carded in what was a case of mistaken identity and Bury took advantage of this within a minute to bring the score back to 19 v 26.

However this was the last time that Bury threatened the Bears and four more tries were to follow without reply.

First was Ciaran Brown taking a great ball and going round an under the posts converted by Sam Howat.

Straight from the kick off Will Paul  took the ball and carved his way through the Bury team and went under the posts for Sam Howat to convert.

Twelve minutes later , in the 65th minute Ciaran Brown took a great ball and gave it to Will Paul who was in an open space on the wing.

Despite being only on the halfway line, no one was going to stop him and yet another try was converted by Sam Howat.

The Bears were not quite finished and another piece of personal brilliance saw Harvey Davies complete the scoring in the 75th minute with a try which saw him weaving through despairing Bury tacklers.

This satisfying game for March Bears takes them to top of the table unbeaten in five matches having scored over 200 points and ahead of the second place team having played one less game.