25th Anniversary Celebrated with Vintage Bike Rally
A RALLY of vintage bicycles paraded around March to celebrate the 25th anniversary of a Fenland bicycle club. More than 70 people turned out to enjoy the March Veteran and Vintage Cycle Club s anniversary rally, including nine original members of the grou
A RALLY of vintage bicycles paraded around March to celebrate the 25th anniversary of a Fenland bicycle club.
More than 70 people turned out to enjoy the March Veteran and Vintage Cycle Club's anniversary rally, including nine original members of the group.
Two cycle rides were enjoyed on Sunday; the first a ride around the town which included a tea break at the Panini's café on the market square, and the second a ride to the town's museum.
A total of nine awards were then presented at the end of the day, including ones for the best tandem riders and the most meritorious ride, at the Further Education Centre in Station Road.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Bedford, who founded the club with his wife Margaret in 1982, thanked everyone for his support over the last 25 years.
He said: "It was a lovely day and everything went off perfectly.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions