Our picture special - embracing more than 40 images from the brilliant Soham Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Soham came out to play today – brilliant weather, enthusiastic crowds and packaged together in a superb all embracing family day out.
More than 1,000 people turned out in style as the sun shone on Soham Carnival this Bank Holiday Monday.
The annual event, held on the Recreation Ground, saw a parade of floats decorate the streets along with performances from top UK mountain bike display team Team Mad and the return of the Fun Dog Show for the second-year running.
Shaun Botting, who is part of Soham Benevolent Association who organise the event, said: “It was a fantastic day with a great turnout and brilliant atmosphere of people soaking up the sun watching the entertainment and having a drink in the beer tents.”
And organisers are already in talks to make next year bigger and better following on from this year’s turnout.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Botting, who has been involved with the day for more than 15 years, continued: “It was great to see most of the town turnout. The dog show had a lot of people enter so that was one of the main attractions this year.
“The parade floats looked amazing - they are always of a good standard but this year they really impressed.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
“It is all about keeping that tradition alive. We want to advance it and continue to put the work into it.
“There are already ideas for bigger events for the future, including a classic car show.
“We want to bring the community together.”