£44,000 a year ‘can do’ boss wanted to run council owned leisure centres in March, Wisbech, Whittlesey and Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Council wants a “can do” business manager – on a two year fixed contract worth up to £44,000 a year- to run its four leisure centre.
The council says the appointment follows a “recent staffing review” and the successful applicant will also get a £4,000 a year car allowance.
Leisure centres attract around 800,000 visits take place every year, with income levels exceeding £2million, says the council.
The new business manager, says a recruitment advert published this week, will be “a forward thinking, performance focused individual”.
The ad says: “This role is initially being offered as a fixed term post, whilst a project is completed that may replace the current in-house management of the service with another management arrangement.
You may also want to watch:
“Reducing the current deficit of the leisure service towards a zero cost, whilst maintaining community leisure facilities, is a short term goal of the council.”
The council adds: “This is a high profile role that will focus on the continued development of customer service to increase income levels through the effective performance management of the operational management team.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
2We are looking for someone who has a drive to succeed, possessing a keen business mind, a can-do attitude and someone who is passionate about customer service.”