£44,000 a year ‘can do’ boss wanted to run council owned leisure centres in March, Wisbech, Whittlesey and Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Council wants a “can do” business manager – on a two year fixed contract worth up to £44,000 a year- to run its four leisure centre.
The council says the appointment follows a “recent staffing review” and the successful applicant will also get a £4,000 a year car allowance.
Leisure centres attract around 800,000 visits take place every year, with income levels exceeding £2million, says the council.
The new business manager, says a recruitment advert published this week, will be “a forward thinking, performance focused individual”.
The ad says: “This role is initially being offered as a fixed term post, whilst a project is completed that may replace the current in-house management of the service with another management arrangement.
“Reducing the current deficit of the leisure service towards a zero cost, whilst maintaining community leisure facilities, is a short term goal of the council.”
The council adds: “This is a high profile role that will focus on the continued development of customer service to increase income levels through the effective performance management of the operational management team.”
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 3 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 8 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 9 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 10 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
2We are looking for someone who has a drive to succeed, possessing a keen business mind, a can-do attitude and someone who is passionate about customer service.”