44th Cambridge Beer Festival comes to Jesus Green next week
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge & District Campaign for Real Ale will bring the 44th Cambridge Beer Festival to Jesus Green next week.
The theme this year will be the celebration of the 350th anniversary of the publication of John Milton’s ‘Paradise Lost’.
This year the volunteer-run festival is supporting the Blue Smile charity, which works with children that are struggling to overcome mental health and emotional well-being issues.
There’ll be over 200 British real ales from more than 100 breweries and 80 ciders and perries, along with a foreign bar, mead and wine.
Cambridge CAMRA’s cheese counter will serve cheese from around Britain accompanied by pork pies, scotch eggs, olives, breads and more.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t change much at the festival each year - people seem to like what we do,” said festival organiser Bert Kenward.
“Last year we had a record breaking 41,000 people attend, and we’re hopeful the weather will hold up next week.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
“However, even if it doesn’t, out massive marquees make sure that the beer is still available for all to enjoy.”
The festival opens from 5-10.30pm on Monday 22, then 12-3pm and 5-10.30pm Tuesday to Friday, and 12-10.30pm on Saturday.
CAMRA members receive free admission.
If you’d like to volunteer, visit www.cambridgebeerfestival.com/volunteering or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information go to www.cambridgebeerfestival.com or email email@example.com