50 mile diversion as Highways Agency plan 15 night closure of six mile stretch of A47 from Wisbech to Guyhirn
- Credit: Archant
Drivers can expect to add 50 miles to their journey from March after the Highways Agency announced they plan to close a six mile stretch of the A47 for 15 nights.
The A47 between the A141 Guyhirn roundabout through to the A1101 at the Churchill Road roundabout will close from 10pm to 6am nightly whilst repairs are undertaken.
The Highways Agency confirmed that “the works are expected to take place over 15 nights (10pm – 6am) starting on or after Monday March 2, 2015”.
They say the closure is necessary “to enable slope re-profiling, soil nailing, carriageway resurfacing and installation of safety barriers to be carried out in safety”.
Diverted eastbound traffic is recommended to go via the A47 westbound at Guyhirn roundabout then via A16, A151, A17 and A1101 to rejoin the A47 at Churchill Road Roundabout and vice versa for westbound traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Access to properties fronting the A47 would be maintained at all times during the works.
The agency says the closure would not apply to emergency service or works vehicles that the diversion routes will be “clearly indicated by traffic signs throughout the works”.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
They have issued a public notice detailing the closure. Any queries can be sent to Andy Dyer at the Highways Agency, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW,by telephoning 01234 796519 or email: Andrew.email@example.com.