50 mile diversion as Highways Agency plan 15 night closure of six mile stretch of A47 from Wisbech to Guyhirn
- Credit: Archant
Drivers can expect to add 50 miles to their journey from March after the Highways Agency announced they plan to close a six mile stretch of the A47 for 15 nights.
The A47 between the A141 Guyhirn roundabout through to the A1101 at the Churchill Road roundabout will close from 10pm to 6am nightly whilst repairs are undertaken.
The Highways Agency confirmed that “the works are expected to take place over 15 nights (10pm – 6am) starting on or after Monday March 2, 2015”.
They say the closure is necessary “to enable slope re-profiling, soil nailing, carriageway resurfacing and installation of safety barriers to be carried out in safety”.
Diverted eastbound traffic is recommended to go via the A47 westbound at Guyhirn roundabout then via A16, A151, A17 and A1101 to rejoin the A47 at Churchill Road Roundabout and vice versa for westbound traffic.
Access to properties fronting the A47 would be maintained at all times during the works.
The agency says the closure would not apply to emergency service or works vehicles that the diversion routes will be “clearly indicated by traffic signs throughout the works”.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
They have issued a public notice detailing the closure. Any queries can be sent to Andy Dyer at the Highways Agency, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW,by telephoning 01234 796519 or email: Andrew.email@example.com.