£500,000 improvement works underway at Ely station
- Credit: Archant
Better toilets, waiting room and customer service office are just some of the £500,000 improvements currently underway at Ely station.
Abellio Greater Anglia has commenced improvement works at the station to transform the customer facilities on the station’s island platform which serves trains calling at platforms two and three.
The existing buildings on the island platform are being replaced with a newly constructed retail unit, customer toilets, waiting room and customer service office.
The work is expected to be completed this autumn and alternative facilities for travellers are available on platform one.
Keely Pagdin, Abellio’s head of customer service west, said: “This investment will transform the station facilities and improve customer service for rail passengers. We will be doing all we can to minimise any disruption whilst these improvements are carried out.”
In a separate improvement, the train operator has completed work to build a new cycle park plus facility at the station, which provides secure cycle parking in a lockable compound for up to 144 cycles, as well as open access parking for a further 200 cycles. Access to the secure compound, protected by CCTV, is via a key fob system, fobs available for refundable £25 deposit.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash