Walkers are being encouraged to get their boots on for charity in March
- Credit: Archant
A 5K charity walk will take place in March to raise vital funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The March, Chatteris and District Fundraising Committee is holding a 5K charity walk starting at 11am in West End Park in March on Sunday April 29.
Beginning at the bandstand in West End Park, the walk will take approximately an hour-and-a-half to complete.
Walkers will head out along West End, round through Robingoodfellow’s Park to the Station, then back into town via Nene Parade.
The official starter will be Radio Cambridgeshire personality Johnny Dee.
You may also want to watch:
For those interested in taking part, registration and sponsorship forms are available at the Greetings card shop at 3 High Street in March, also at the Greetings shop at 46A High Street in Chatteris.
Forms should be submitted by Monday April 23, the registration fee is £5.00.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 3 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
The Committee are encouraging family and friends to show their support by sponsoring a walker or taking part themselves.
Every penny raised will help support those affected by cancer locally, including helping to fund grants to people who are struggling financially as a direct result of their cancer diagnosis.
For further details about the walk or supporting the Committee, please call the team on 07961 507515.
Alternatively, speak to the local Macmillan Fundraising Manager, Alexandra Haswell on 07801 307050 or AHaswell@macmillan.org.uk.