�6,000 boost in funds for Cats Welfare charity in Wisbech
THE Cat Welfare charity in Wisbech has been presented with �6,000 donation by the charity Support Adoption For Pets, a fund supported by the animal stores Pets at Home.
Lindsay Kierman was presented with the cash at the Pets at Home store in Cromwell Road at Wisbech, and took along rescue kitten Molly, who is being cared for by her team at Cat Welfare, Wisbech.
The �6,000 will be used towards the refurbishment of cat pens, as well as ongoing vet bills.
Support Adoption For Pets has raised more than �1.65 million in the past 12 months thanks to the fund raising efforts of staff and customers at Pets at Home. The money is used to provide financial support to animal welfare charities and local re-homing centres across the UK, such as Cat Welfare Wisbech.
There are dedicated adoption centres in more than 300 of Pets at Home’s 330 stores across the UK. These centres are home to a range of different pets, such as rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and other small animals, all looking for a second chance of happiness, often due to a change in their owner’s circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
The charity helped more than 450 re-homing centres and animal welfare organisations in the UK during 2011.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire