60-second advertisement launched by Fenland tourism partnership has its premier at the Light cinema, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The great outdoors is the focus of a new film advert promoting tourism in Fenland.
It was given its first showing at a launch event at The Light cinema in Wisbech last night (Tuesday, January 17) and is now available on YouTube.
Introducing it to an invited audience of about 30 tourism providers and cast members, Councillor Michelle Tanfield, chairman of the Fenland Tourism Partnership, said: “It’s short, snappy and to the point and I hope you agree shines a fantastic light on Fenland.”
The 60-second advert, entitled “Fenland – it won’t let you down”, consists of a series of short clips highlighting the district’s many outdoor attractions, including cycling, walking, fishing, angling, river trips – and even flying.
It has been produced by March-based Fenland Film Productions and all the cast are local people. Two more short films are under consideration to help raise Fenland’s profile.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Tanfield said the partnership needed support from more local tourism businesses to help make it more independent.
She urged people to take a look at the Visit Cambridgeshire Fens website.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 8 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
“It is a great website, with more improvements on the way. But a website is only as good as the content on it,” she said.
“We need that content to change regularly – so please send us your tourist-related events and any updates you have. Your support will ensure that the website receives more attention from people planning to visit Fenland - and that will be good for your businesses.”