60-second advertisement launched by Fenland tourism partnership has its premier at the Light cinema, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The great outdoors is the focus of a new film advert promoting tourism in Fenland.
It was given its first showing at a launch event at The Light cinema in Wisbech last night (Tuesday, January 17) and is now available on YouTube.
Introducing it to an invited audience of about 30 tourism providers and cast members, Councillor Michelle Tanfield, chairman of the Fenland Tourism Partnership, said: “It’s short, snappy and to the point and I hope you agree shines a fantastic light on Fenland.”
The 60-second advert, entitled “Fenland – it won’t let you down”, consists of a series of short clips highlighting the district’s many outdoor attractions, including cycling, walking, fishing, angling, river trips – and even flying.
It has been produced by March-based Fenland Film Productions and all the cast are local people. Two more short films are under consideration to help raise Fenland’s profile.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Tanfield said the partnership needed support from more local tourism businesses to help make it more independent.
She urged people to take a look at the Visit Cambridgeshire Fens website.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
“It is a great website, with more improvements on the way. But a website is only as good as the content on it,” she said.
“We need that content to change regularly – so please send us your tourist-related events and any updates you have. Your support will ensure that the website receives more attention from people planning to visit Fenland - and that will be good for your businesses.”