84 year old man among team of 17 people who do charity skydive at Wimblington in aid of Vulcan To The Sky Trust
- Credit: Archant
Seventeen brave club members, including an 84 year old, leapt out of the air at 12,000ft to raise more than £4,200.
The team did the skydive at North London Skydive Centre, Wimblington, in aid of the Vulcan To The Sky Trust, which aims to inspire the next generation of engineers through the Vulcan’s displays at Airshows and an educational program.
One of the participants was Chesterfield’s Peter Kennett, 84, while for Mazza Jesty, of Oxford, the skydive coincided with her 60th birthday.
Vincent Hopper, of Chatteris, was supposed to jump with the team but he broke his elbow the week before the skydive.
You can still donate at www.justgiving.com/vulcanxh558skydive
You may also want to watch:
The Vulcan is a jet-powered strategic bomber which was operated by the Royal Air Force from 1956 until 1984.
To find out more about the Vulcan To The Sky Club, go to www.vulcantothesky.org/club
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire