9-year-old injured after being knocked off bike
A NINE-year-old girl was left with minor injuries after being knocked off her bike in Chatteris. The incident happened last Wednesday, September 13, at around 6pm as the girl cycled along the High Street with her brother. A boy cycled up behind her and t
A NINE-year-old girl was left with minor injuries after being knocked off her bike in Chatteris.
The incident happened last Wednesday, September 13, at around 6pm as the girl cycled along the High Street with her brother. A boy cycled up behind her and told her to move out of the way before riding his bike into hers, causing her to fall off.
The boy cycled off to talk to a group of girls before returning to the nine-year-old to ask if she was alright. He is described as white, between 16 and 20 years old, tall and slim, with short dark hair. He was wearing a baseball cap, a dark green fleece, dark jeans, glasses and was riding a black mountain bike.
PC Shelly Bidwell, who is investigating, said: "The incident happened close to Aspinals Newsagents and there were a number of people in the area at the time.
You may also want to watch:
"I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the incident to contact me."
Anyone with information should contact PC Bidwell at March Police Station on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off